Friday 30 August 2013

M.T Harrte

My spotlight is shinning on the slightly weird and wonderful M.T Harrte today...


Hello World I'm M.T.Harrte , and I live and breathe books. How cliche right? I fancy myself as a werewolf wrangler, troll trainer, and would be vampire victim. On a serious note, I have always had a love of books since I was young. I recently decided to share my weirdness with everyone and I hope you enjoy. Step into my world and be prepared to stay a while because once the door closes....there is no escape!!!(insert evil laugh.)
Ok...it looks like i'm going to have to hide behind my own hunky werewolf Reuban for this interview...as for stepping into your world? I think you may have to hold my hand!
Do you write as yourself or under a pseudonym? Why?
I write under the pen name M.T. Harrte. I felt this was the best move for me especially since I plan to write in more than one genre.
What made you want to be a published author?
I’ve always wanted to be a published author, I just never sat down and gave it the time it needed to flourish.
What genre do you write in and why?
I currently only write paranormal for both adults and young adults. I fell in love with all of the things that go bump in the night and I felt like I wanted to be a part of it all somehow.
If you could talk to your 12 year old self, what advice would you give?
“Just keep swimming” I wish I could have told myself to keep all of the things I had written up to that point.
Have any other authors influenced your writing through theirs? 

I would say I have been inspired, but not necessarily influenced. My writing style and story lines are my part of my own twisted craziness.
If you are a self-published author what made you take this route and what was your experience (good or bad)? 

I decided to self publish because it allows me to remain in control and I’m able to have fun with it. But…I’m definitely open to whatever opportunities swing my way
How would you rate your writing? 

I think it gets better with everything I write. My first published novel is “okay”. I’ve grown as an author and I think that’s important.
How do you react to poor reviews of your book? 

I take it with a grain of salt…and then I go read the bad reviews for my favorite authors. It makes me feel better to know that they have critics too. My novels, and my writing style won’t win over everybody, and I’m okay with that.
What influences your choice of book covers? 

Price point is a major concern and whether or not it catches the eye in the right way.
How do you balance your writing with your real world responsibilities? 

I make time where I can. Some days I can really crank out a lot and some days I don’t write anything because I simply don’t have the time.
Do your characters drive the plots of your stories or do you plan out your plot?

I tried to plan out my plot once and I failed miserably. I write off the hip. The story plays out in my mind like a memory and I simply recreate it. When I start writing I basically know how I want it to begin and end…the rest just happens
Do you ever write what you dream? Give an example. 

Hmmmm not really because I never remember my dreams. I do day dream a lot..I mean A LOT…I guess if you count that then the answer is yes. I try to picture the characters and figure out where everything is going.
Do you market yourself or pay a professional? 

I’m running a one woman show. I hope to one day be able to do things on a higher, professional level.

What are your tips for editing?


Read out loud! If it feels stilted, choppy, and unbelievable…you have some work to do.
What inspired you to write your current WIP or current published work? 

My novels represent different areas of my life. My adult novels are my dark side, and the young adult allows me to release my sarcasm and fun demeanor.
Do you prefer to write stand-alone novels or a series? Why?

Series! You can’t sum up a life in one book, especially if you have multiple plots going on! I need all of the extra juicy tidbits so when I think of a storyline I definitely try to see how far I can take the characters.
If you could change one thing in the publishing process what would it be? 

I would shorten the turn around time for getting things done. I hate the fact that you have to wait three months or longer to get responses on stuff.
What advice would you give to a new author? 

If you are writing for the money…STOP RIGHT NOW…do not pass go…you should write because it’s your passion and you love it.

Share a favourite quote from your book. 
“That trout-mouth trollop is gonna get what’s coming to her,” sneered Onyx.
I know I say it all the time but I love paranormal! As for being crazy and not plotting your stories...join the club. I do exactly the same...it's not like I don't try and plot but my characters have different ideas! So lets have a looksy at her books...

In a sleepy Mississippi town, a slew of mysterious murders are setting the town on edge, and everyone is worried they will be claimed as the next victim. Seventeen year old Jessica St. Claire, a normal girl living in an abnormal place, dreams of finally being accepted by her world renowned family of necromancers and will do just about anything to prove she is worthy of the name St. Claire.
The bodies keep multiplying so the police finally turn to Jessica’s detective brother to aid in the investigation. When a Do Not Reanimate clause prevents him from using the family gift, Jessica seizes the opportunity to prove she can crack the case without it.
Teaming up with her best friends, she embarks on a mission ranging from questioning a withered Civil War Veteran to breaking and entering. Her own life ends up in jeopardy when she stumbles too close to uncovering the truth. Catching a glimpse into Death’s mirror and seeing her own reflection, Jessica must now call on more than her wits to stay alive.
The murder mystery notwithstanding, Jessica must pass all of her classes and avoid another Saturday detention if she is to graduate.
If her Jessica joins my Jessica...I think they might have a ball of a time...anyhow's you really need to go and one click your little hearts out on this one...
Here are the links...
Her other books...

And finally her stalker links...
Author’s Page www.facebook.com/m.t.harrte
Blog http://mtharrte.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment